Thursday, September 14, 2006

See I can be serious too!

The rains lifted and the sky was clear. The heat was still oppressive, but the dust that had choked the air for days had been washed out completely.

The expedition began.

Who am I kidding? I can't write this.

Its supposed to be a story comparing my journey to school today to an expedition through africa...wading across raging rivers, being turned back by lakes so big you couldnt see to the other side (by the way it rained last night)...you know Heart of Darkness style - but i just cant bring myself to do it. For one thing I hated HoD. for another, i dont think i could write "and we entered into the heart. of the darkness. it truly was dark. we were in its heart. a dark, cold, black heart." a million times. So sorry to all you Joseph Conrad fans out there (you know...I actually had to look his name up) but if you want that..well i hear libraries are open. cause i just cant do it.

love
jake

No comments: