Monday, December 11, 2006

I know, I know I'm late....

I would like to take this opportunity to apoligize for any inconvience that I may/may not have caused in your life, your dog's life, your parent's dogs life, or whoevers life, for not posting all last week. I have no real reason for that other than there wasn't a good story to tell.

That being said, it doesn't mean I didn't do anything last week, au contraire, as they like to say in France, last week was chock full of....stuff. What between the last week of classes (I mean, not exactly excitating, but it does mean that there will be no more stories about how rediculous Wolof is), and my birthday on Wednesday, I'd say there was a fair amount of...how you say...stuff.

But I would like to clear up any misconceptions that may (or may not) have arisen from my last post. I did say that it was cold here, and I meant it. It's no longer chilly. It's cold. I'm full blown wearing my one sweatshirt every day now. And I'm greatful for it.

But I'm afraid I may not have give you a fair sense of just how cold it is here. For example, today, the coldest day we've had so far, the thermometer has plunged to a frigid 22 degrees.

See I told you it was cold.

I guess what I forgot to tell you is that 22 degrees is French for 73 degrees.

See I told you it was cold. At nights it might even plunge below 70 degrees to (heaven forbid) 68 degrees!

As you can see, this presents me with quite a problem. Because I'm coooooooold here. Not chilly, not even a little bit cool. But cold. And if I were in CT (or even DC) right now this would be downright balmy...we would be pulling out all the global warming jokes and all that jazz. But not here. Here global warming is the furthest fear from my mind. I'm more worried about how I'm going to keep myself warm. Well that and the goats. Goats scare me.

So if I'm cold here, and its really not that cold here, what am I going to do when I get home?

I'm going to freeeeeze. Mom, Dad, bring my coat. Please?

So I know this is short, but I've gotta get going...studying for finals and all that jazz. But the goat story will be here in its first installment tomorrow inchallah.

Love
Jake

No comments: